The core philosophy of Mater Ecclesiae School, San Pedro, Laguna is based on one great truth, that man is made in the image and likeness of God. That through God’s gift of life, man has the capacity to know, love and serve God and that is his ultimate goal and his real destination is to be worthy of everlasting life with God in heaven.
God did not create man to be alone. By his innermost nature, he is a social being and unless relates himself to others, he can neither live nor develop his potentials. MES therefore, believes that the school where education is achieved should be a place where students are made to understand the meaning of one’s life in this world and its ultimate purpose. It is therefore very important that the school becomes a place where the students can experience the duty and the joy of living with God and of working with others. School programs and activities have been made to bring out this conviction:
- Spiritual activities lead the young to God. It is very essential that they should not lose sight of God in all their activities.
- The development of their physical, emotional and intellectual faculties help them fulfill their role in the world successfully.
- Education demands educators who are intellectually prepared, morally upright and spiritually strong.
- The fulfillment of one’s role is nor merely for personal gain or obligation towards others.
- Effective education can only take place, if there is an atmosphere of trust, dedication to one’s work, mutual respect and orderliness.